We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Shock absorbers, commonly known as Shocks, are one of the prime components of your vehicle. They play a vital role in preventing you and your vehicle from shakes and bounces. In this article, we discuss the best replacement shocks for ford ranger so that you can make a purchase decision.
Most people are not sure about it. If you are also the one, we suggest checking and replacing the shock absorbers of your vehicle with one of the best shocks we have reviewed below
Best Replacement Shocks For Ford Ranger
We have reviewed some of the best shocks for ford ranger so that you can make a purchase decision.
1. Maxorber Front & Rear Full Set 4 Pieces Shocks Struts Absorber Kit Compatible with Ford Ranger
- No refurbished parts! We do not sell any re-manufactured or refurbished parts, factory direct!
- Hard chromed piston rod, microcracks chromed surface processes, and ultra-precision vertical polishing, to ensure smooth contact between the piston rod and seal.
- High-quality Japanese made oil seals,to reduce friction between the piston rod and seal, multi-lip oil seal design to isolate external grime.
- High-performance shock absorber oil, with the high performance of anti-foam and anti-shear, reduces internal wear.
- Pressurized N2 gas, to reduce foaming and aerating, to ensure product better performance.
- Seamless cylinder & sleeves to reduce the possibility of splitting, to ensure close contact between the piston and cylinder, no leaks, to obtain stable damping force.
- Buckle holes are consistent with the car in situ, without any changes, easy and quick installation
- Compatible with 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 Ford# Ranger Pickup Front and Rear Full Set of 4 Shocks and Struts
- Front and Rear Full Pair 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 Ford# Ranger Pickup Shock Absorber
- Shock Absorbers compatible with Left H (Driver Side) and Right H (Passenger Side); Shock Absorbers only, not including springs or mounts. Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power compatible with passenger cars. Shocks Struts replacement to restore your vehicle ride, handling, and control performance
- Premium Qualified Finish: rust protection; Nitrogen Gas-charged: improved stopping, steering, stability. Japanese Made Oil Seals: no squeaking noise, long durability; Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power compatible with passenger cars
- Brand Maxorber
- Model Shocks Struts Absorber Shock Set Strut Kit
- Item Weight 14.99 pounds
- Product Dimensions 24.4 x 11.8 x 6.3 inches
- It Restores the ride height,
- It reduces body roll
- It greatly improves overall handling and ride.
- Easy installation.
- It can make slight noises.
2. Gabriel 43167 Rear Spring Assist Load Carrier Shocks
The Front & Rear Spring Assist (Load Carrier™) by Gabriel is the perfect combination of shock and spring technology to help reduce the loss of ride height in ongoing loaded conditions. The constant-rate front coil springs can help improve stability and restore or maintain ride height, while the variable-rate rear coil springs provide 500 lbs. per pair of load capacity.
And like all Gabriel shocks and struts, Front & Rear Spring Assist feature a super-finished chromed piston rod for superior corrosion resistance and a leak-proof piston seal which extends product life.
- Combines shock and spring technology
- Constant-rate front coil springs can help improve stability and restore or maintain ride height
- Variable-rate rear coil springs provide 500 lbs. per pair of load capacity [Not to exceed vehicle GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). the product does not increase payload]
- An economical solution for heavier duty use
- Rear: Ford: 1980 – 96 Bronco, 1990 – 97 F Super Duty, 1980 – 83 F-100, 1980 – 96 F-150
- Rear: Ford: 1980 – 97 F-250, 1997 F-250 HD, 1980 – 97 F-350, 1997 F-450 Super Duty, 1990 – 11 Ranger
- Brand Gabriel
- Model 43167
- Item Weight 15 pounds
- Product Dimensions 26.6 x 7 x 3.5 inches
- It provides a good ride height.
- Easy installation.
- High-quality springs and good design.
- Noise problem in the assembly.
- Not the cheapest option.
3. Monroe 32237 Monro-Matic Plus Shock Absorber
Monro-Matic Plus shock absorbers are nitrogen gas charged and feature velocity sensitive valving and all-weather fluid, which offers passenger cars improved comfort at an economical price.
- 1/2 inch Diameter Piston Rod: Nitro carburized rod for long service life. On non-dust shield units only
- 1-3/16 inch Bore: Larger bore than most shocks to provide more efficient and consistent control
- All-Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Brand Monroe
- Item Weight 3 pounds
- Product Dimensions 19.4 x 4 x 2.9 inches
- It comes with all 4 struts and all 4 sway bar links.
- Reduces clanking noises.
- Easy installation and fits perfectly.
- Stops vehicle from swaying while turning.
- It has good durability, lasts long, and gives an experience like riding a new car.
- Raises the rear by one inch.
4. Sensen Front and Rear Set Shocks, Struts for Ford Ranger
SENSEN premium bare struts are precision-engineered for the ultimate in safety and performance, SENSEN Shocks & Struts provide improved comfort and control, long life and durability, and maximum shock performance for today’s passenger vehicles. SENSEN Shocks & Struts are manufactured and tested to the strictest OE standards for unparalleled performance.
Built for trouble-free ownership and 100% visually inspected and quality tested. The SENSEN bare strut is a nitrogen gas-charged, twin-tube design that is specifically calibrated to help restore your vehicle’s original ride, handling, and control performance.
This listing includes a SENSEN Shocks and Struts bare strut only and does NOT include the top mount, bearing plate, bumper, boot cover, insulators, or coil spring. SENSEN shocks & struts are quickly becoming a preferred suspension brand of professional automotive technicians nationwide.
- Precision designed for a direct fit and restore factory ride height.
- All components manufactured to meet or exceed OE specifications for fit and function.
- Quality Control system certified by ISO9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002
- SENSEN limited lifetime warranty, Purchase with confidence.
- Brand Sensen Shocks & Struts
- Item Weight 24 pounds
- Manufacturer Part Number 7741
- Very easy to install.
- Good product for the price.
- Fits perfectly.
- I didn’t even require an alignment when done.
- It can be a little stiff at first.
5. KYB 344397 Excel-G Gas Shock
Ride Comfort may be important, but restoring a vehicle’s Ride Control; stability, stopping, lane change responsiveness, and handling is critical. KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts are designed for the most important performance purpose: Restoring the vehicle’s original capabilities.
KYB is a world-leading supplier of shocks and struts to new vehicle manufacturers and the Excel-G is made on the very same KYB OE assembly lines, uses the same OE quality components, and is calibrated to restore original, designed performance, not change it.
That has earned Excel-G the classification: OEA (Original Equipment for the Aftermarket). The KYB Excel-G is a nitrogen gas-charged, twin-tube design that includes every quality component that our global OEM products include.
- KYB recommended OEM replacement strut for trucks
- Specifically calibrated to help restore the original handling and control characteristics of trucks
- Uses a seamless working cylinder matched with a Teflon coated piston band for a positive seal and longer life
- Triple chrome plated piston rod and multi-lip oil seals that reduce wear
- Solid seamless mounting eye rings and bolt bushings to eliminate rattles
- Brand KYB
- Model Excel-G OEM
- Item Weight 3.32 pounds
- Package Dimensions 17.2 x 4.5 x 2.3 inches
- Ideal for light trucks that carry varying loads or tow trailers.
- Provides extra control when operating conditions become more demanding for hauling and towing
- Includes a heavy gauge calibrated spring for extra control and comfort
- Assists in maintaining ride height when loaded with additional weight up to 1,100 lbs*
- They may be a little noisy on your drive and make the ride stiffer.
- The stock bushings and washers are too small
6. Bilstein 24-188258 Rear Shock for Ford Ranger 4WD
Bilstein B6 shock absorbers and struts are the ideal choices for improving the performance of any vehicle. These shock absorbers and struts feature a monotube design that provides consistent fade-free performance.
Bilstein B6 shock absorbers and struts utilize a unique, velocity-sensitive, digressive piston that reacts to changing road conditions to provide consistent fade-free performance.
All B6 shock absorbers and struts are tuned for each specific application to assure optimal performance is achieved. Bilstein B6 shock absorbers and struts offer a significant improvement in ride quality, handling, and comfort.
- Bilstein B6 4600 Series Rear Shock Absorber
- Fits 4WD Models
- Brand Bilstein
- Model Bilstein
- Item Weight 5 pounds
- Package Dimensions 26.6 x 3.2 x 2.8 inches
- The Bilstein shock absorber is equipped to handle difficult terrain and harsh bumps.
- They also help in improving the handling of your car.
- They are only designed to fit larger vehicles.
- The ride of the vehicle may be stiffer than the OEM shocks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the essential functions of the shock absorbers?
A: Its function is directly related to stability control and oscillation reduction, and its malfunction can generate faults due to fatigue in other mobile components of the car. In addition to supporting the weight of the vehicle and absorbing the vibrations that cause the unevenness of the terrain, the shock absorbers can also help to direct the car through a unique structure. That is, they help in the curves when we turn to the right or the left.
Q: How are the shock absorbers worn?
A: In general, the shock absorbers wear out due to their use. Interestingly, the vehicles driven by the city have more considerable wear of them due to the type of asphalt, very high pedestrian crossings, speed-reducing bands, sewer covers, etc. But external factors such as the usual load of the vehicle, the kilometers traveled, or wear due to weather factors such as humidity, cold or heat can also influence its wear.
Q: How to know what shock absorbers you must choose for your car?
A: Each shock absorber is designed for different needs. Some shock absorbers are to support large loads, and others improve comfort, others for sports driving, or to minimize the effects of pavement in the car, etc. So the most important thing when making this decision is to know what is the use you give to the vehicle.
Q: What happens when they wear out?
A: When the shock absorbers are worn, the vibration in the vehicle increases, loosening, and damaging other components because the impacts of the ground are no longer absorbed correctly. In the long run, this affects the comfort and ergonomics of the car and causing passengers to feel each of the potholes through which the vehicle passes.
Q: How can we tell if our car has worn-out shock absorbers?
A: Unfortunately, we cannot feel when our shock absorbers begin to suffer significant wear and tear, as it is a gradual process that makes it difficult to perceive. However, if we begin to notice that our car takes more time to brake and that the braking distance is reduced, it could indicate that our shock absorbers require a revision. Similarly, if you notice any oil leak or small drops that fall near your tires, it is best to check them to confirm they are in good condition.
Q: What is a refurbished shock absorber?
A: Reconditioning a damper means conditioning it back to work once a fault or defect has compromised its functions. It is no easy task to cover the gaps of such a system as this involves identifying different types of errors with varying kinds of symptoms in the car suspension.
It is highly recommended to buy the Best Shocks for Jeep JK to avoid future problems.
Q: When do you need to change your shocks?
A: There are two different scenarios that you’re going to run into as a Jeep owner.
One – is if you lift your vehicle you’re increasing the distance between the axle and the mounting point on the frame of the shock, so you have to buy longer travel shocks.
Second – is if your shocks have worn out and they need to be replaced.
There are a few ways to tell if your shocks are worn out. The first way is when the driver notices that the car is constantly bouncing up and down. The car doesn’t feel solid. This is an important sign that your shocks have worn out and need to be replaced.
The way to test your shocks in this situation is to go to the corner of the vehicle and push up and down on it hard. If your vehicle doesn’t stop bouncing immediately, you might want to check your shocks.
There are also seals in the shocks that once they wear out, they will leak fluid. You also have bushings on both ends of the shock, on the top and bottom mounting points, if you hear any clunking or weird noises or squeaking or anything like that, definitely check those out. If those bushings are worn out time, then it is also time to replace the shocks as well.
6 Best Replacement Shocks For Ford Ranger
Below is the compiled list of best shocks for ford ranger available today.
- Maxorber Front & Rear Full Set 4 Pieces Shocks Struts Absorber Kit Compatible with Ford Ranger
- Gabriel 43167 Rear Spring Assist Load Carrier Shocks
- Monroe 32237 Monro-Matic Plus Shock Absorber
- Sensen Front and Rear Set Shocks, Struts for Ford Ranger
- KYB 344397 Excel-G Gas Shock
- Bilstein 24-188258 Rear Shock for Ford Ranger 4WD
Shock absorbers are fundamental parts of the car, and their operation must be understood so that the driver is aware of the maintenance needs of his vehicle. If you are considering replacing them or not, you must take into account both the importance of the shock and its benefits and disadvantages that can bring you not to change them on time.
Remember to buy branded shocks for Ford Ranger, since they have gone through various quality processes and have been specifically designed to work on your model by the same specialists who created your vehicle, which in addition to prolonging your life protects you by guaranteeing you an excellent performance.