These light-duty trucks are categorized into various models year-wise. The common features that all these Silverado 1500 models have are bold designs with enhanced aerodynamics. Ability to cover multiple terrains with a single truck. This helps you with your driving in tough places. Also, the interior design of the truck is practical and comfortable. With smart storage spaces inside the truck, riding with your loved ones becomes even easier. In this article, we bring you the list of the best Shocks for Silverado 1500 that you can buy today.
But with daily usage, the truck is always required to give its best performance every time. Certain parts start needing tuning and maybe also get replaced at times. Today we’ll be looking through some of the best shock replacements for your Silverado 1500 models. The Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra are identical cars made with almost similar auto parts. Note that these shocks can be bought by GMC Sierra owners too. Just be sure that the following shocks fit your truck model before buying!
Best Shocks For Silverado 1500
Below are some of the best shocks for Silverado available in the market today.
The complete set has 4 shocks included. These shocks are suitable for Silverado 1500 (2007-13) models (also GMC Sierra 1500 (07-13)). The installation of struts and shocks is pretty simple but cumbersome. Fits best on the said models with a performance that can suffice on-road requirements.
- Shocks are for 4-wheel drive trucks.
- Has no electronic suspension.
- The O-ring helps in tightening the seal when external pressure is applied to it. Keeps the valve away from dirt and wearing away.
- Brand name: Detroit Axle
- Item weight: 58 pounds
- Product dimensions: 24 x 16 x 16 in.
This shock absorber can be best used as the rear shock absorber for Silverado 1500 models. Aides in towing and hauling purposes. The rear shocks are firm and have satisfied several customers. It not only makes the rear suspension solid but raises its height by 1 to 2 inches.
Suitable for Silverado 1500 models 2007-18. Without electronic suspension and Z95 Magnetic Ride Control. They are the best Shocks for Silverado 1500.
- Shocks are used for towing and hauling purposes.
- Has no electronic suspensions.
- The shocks contain an all-weather fluid, therefore, reducing the friction and ensuring a smooth rod reaction.
- Has full displaced valving. Enables adjustments to extreme terrain conditions.
- Brand name: Monroe
- Item weight: 11.5 pounds
- Product dimensions: 10 x 10 x 10 in.
Rancho Quicklift Levelling struts can be used for 2WD and 4WD trucks. Suitable for all 2007-15 models without electronic suspension and 2-wheel steering.
It can be easily installed and levels out the truck. The shocks may require a bit of time to settle after installing them. With added height, you can now enjoy a sway-free ride.
- The front pair of struts raise from 0 to 2 inches. Usable for only models with front struts.
- Front heights are not adjustable.
- The front struts have 9 different styles of compressing and dampening the shocks.
- Brand name: Rancho
- Item weight: 50 pounds
- Product dimensions: 36 x 8 x 8 in.
It comes with an adjustable riding height. It levels out the truck. Installing it may require professional help depending on your truck’s condition and model, for some installing may be easy too. But with proper installation and height adjustment, these shocks will work just fine.
The shocks may be a bit stiff at their initial stages after installment. Eventually after settling in the shocks will perform smoothly, so there’s nothing to worry about. The shocks may make noises at times on extremely bumpy roads. But your lift height also plays an important role in it too.
- Adjustable ride height.
- Front lift height: 0-1.75”.
- The maximum riding height is 6 inches while using stock length shock with lift spacer.
- Collapsed Length: 12.95 in.
- Extended length: 18.48 in.
- Suitable for all Silverado 1500 models from the year 2007-13 as front shocks of a 2WD truck.
Made for 4WD vehicles especially models with Torsion Key Lift only. Suitable for 99-06 models. These shocks are on the softer side making them suitable for a smooth touring suspension ride. Not preferable for rough terrains with these shocks, since jerking and swaying won’t be avoided much.
Driving on streets and highways would elevate your riding experience with these shocks. You can expect a great mileage from your Bilstein 5100s under favorable conditions.
- Set of 4 shocks.
- It comes with all necessary nuts, bushing, and washers.
- Front lift height: 0-2.5”
- Rear lift height: 0-2.5”
- Fits the model with a torsion lift key only.
- Brand name: Bilstein
- Item weight: 25 pounds
- Product dimensions: 10 x 10 x 30 in.
Suitable as front shocks for all Silverado 1500 models between the years 2008-13. The shocks are also be used for Silverado 1500 models that have a magnetic riding control system. These shocks come at a reasonable rate which converts your shaky ride into a smooth and flexible one.
Best for street and highway roads where roads are damaged and chances of experiencing a jerky ride are definite. Smooth handling and installation might be difficult for some customers. Fits perfect on said models and shows immediate results after changing shocks. Using these shocks helps in adjusting the front shock height of the truck.
- It helps dampen and absorb the shocks.
- It is a monotube shock absorber, that consists of pressurized gas helping in dampening.
- Brand: ACDelco
- Item weight: 8.6 pounds
- Product dimensions: 24.7 x 5.6 x 5.2 in.
This great shock absorber is suitable for all Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra models (2001-17). Specifically designed for light trucks with a high center of gravity. This designed to fit perfectly shock absorber has been made of rear monotube gas.
It provides its riders with enhanced handling and control while maintaining the reliability of OE shock absorbers. The twin-disc system is responsible for it, as it can sense even minute motions too.
- The product fits with trucks that have no electronic suspensions.
- Has a patented unique hydraulic lockout system isolating impacts while traveling.
- It contains an all-weather fluid for reducing friction.
- The high-pressure nitrogen-charged gas tubes provide a quicker response for excellent vehicle control.
- Brand name: Monroe
- Item weight: 5 pounds
- Product dimensions: 24.1 x 3.2 x 3 in.
7 Best Shocks For Silverado 1500
Below is the list of best Shocks for Silverado 1500 that you can buy in the market today.
- New Front & Rear Complete Strut Assembly & Shock Absorber Set
- Monroe 58654 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber
- Rancho Quicklift Leveling Struts Pair
- Bilstein 24-186940 Shock Absorber
- Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shocks
- Acdelco 580-435 Gm Original Equipment Front Shock Absorber
- Monroe 911533 Reflex Light Truck Shock Absorber
1. Will new shocks make my truck ride smoother?
2. How do I make my Silverado ride smoother?
3. When should I change my shocks on my Silverado?
It’s necessary to know what you’re buying while looking for the best Shocks for Silverado 1500. Knowing what you’ll need while looking for shocks would make your work easier. For starters, there are different types of shocks available in the market such as:
- Monotube shocks
- Twin-tube shocks
- Gas-filled monotube shocks
Our pick for the best is the Monroe 58654 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber.
Checking for bad shocks is very necessary. Also knowing when it’s time to change your shocks reduces damage to your truck. Hence, it’ll help you avoid unnecessary road accidents and physical damage, both to you and your car.