If you are in search of the best shocks for Toyota Highlander, you are here at the right place. In this post, we have provided a complete buying guide, most Frequently Asked Questions, and top product reviews.
Shock absorbers for Toyota Highlander have a direct impact on the car’s handling, comfort, and safety. Being able to reliably transfer power and torque to bad roads at any time is the task of a good shock absorber.
Best Shocks For Toyota Highlander
We have reviewed all the best shocks for Toyota Highlander so that it is easy for you to make a purchase decision.
1. OREDY Rear Pair Complete Shock Strut Coil Spring Assembly
OREDY is one of the largest and professional automotive suspension parts manufacturers in the auto parts aftermarket. Equipped with most advanced manufacturing and testing machines, and strictly carried out the TS16949 quality system operation.
They are supplying millions of high-quality automotive shock absorber, struts, and complete struts assembly to the global market and good for your Toyota highlander suspension upgrade.
- Upper Strut Mount: Superior premium-style bearings.SAE-grade nuts and bolts.Superior rubber-to-steel bonding. All components manufactured to meet Superior performance.
- Hollow Bumper: The premium bumper prevents component damage when the suspension bottoms out.
- Coil Spring: Manufactured with high-quality steel, each coil spring is precisely calibrated to support the vehicle’s weight and help ensure correct ride height.
- Upper Spring Seat: The upper spring seat provides consistent performance without transmitting noise or vibration into the chassis. It also supports the vehicle’s weight and helps properly offset the spring in the strut tower.
- Strut Dust Boot: The durable strut boot can protect the strut rod and seals to increase the lifespan of shock strut.
- Lower Spring Isolators: Prevents metal to metal contact and helps eliminate noise between the spring and spring seat.
- NEW Premium Strut: Premium strut technology based on application. Each strut features application-engineered valving to complement each vehicle’s unique ride and handling characteristics.
- Brand OREDY
- Item Weight 48.9 pounds
- Product Dimensions 26.8 x 10.6 x 19.7 inches
- It provides a good ride height.
- Easy installation.
- Consistent handling makes your ride trouble-free.
- High-quality springs and good design.
- Durable and lasting which is worth the money.
- Noise problem in the assembly.
- Not the cheapest option.
2. Detroit Axle – New Front Complete Quick Strut & Spring Assembly
Detroit Axle ready struts are manufactured to exceed original equipment standards and provide a better riding vehicle. They are a leading supplier of ride control products to OE vehicle manufacturers Nationwide, that expertise translates to Detroit Axle’s OE-quality Aftermarket. It is one of the best shocks for Toyota highlander.
- 2004-2007 Toyota Highlander Not for Hybrid
- Detroit Axle is a leading supplier of ride control products to OE vehicle manufacturers Nationwide, that expertise translates to Detroit Axle’s OE-quality Aftermarket
- Manufactured in ISO9002 Certified facility
- Brand Detroit Axle
- Item Weight 46 pounds
- Product Dimensions 20 x 10 x 10 inches
- It comes with all 4 struts and all 4 sway bar links.
- Reduces clanking noises.
- Easy installation and fits perfectly.
- Stops vehicle from swaying while turning.
- It has good durability, lasts long, and gives an experience like riding a new car.
- Raises the rear by one inch.
3. Maxorber Front Pair Shocks Struts Absorber Kit
Maxorber Front Pair Shocks Struts Absorber Kit has a hard chromed piston rod, microcracks chromed surface processes, and ultra-precision vertical polishing, to ensure smooth contact between the piston rod and seal. It also has high-quality Japanese made oil seals, to reduce friction between the piston rod and seal, multi-lip oil seal design to isolate external grime and high-performance shock absorber oil, with the high performance of anti-foam and anti-shear, reduce the internal wear.
It consists of pressurized N2 gas, to reduce foaming and aerating, to ensure product better performance. The seamless cylinder & sleeves reduce the possibility of splitting and ensure close contact between the piston and cylinder, no leaks, to obtain stable damping force.
- For the sake of safety, each pair of front OR rear shocks will be packed and shipped as a unique unit. Thus, if 2pcs purchased, there will be 1 package. If 4pcs purchased, there will be 2 packages and so on. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other concerns.
- Compatible with: 2008 2009 2010 Toyota Highlander Shocks Struts Absorber
- Shock Absorbers For Left H (Driver Side) and Right H (Passenger Side); Shock Absorbers only, not including springs or mounts.Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power for passenger cars. Shocks Struts replacement to restore your vehicle ride, handling, and control performance
- Premium Qualified Finish: rust protection; Nitrogen Gas-charged: improved stopping, steering, stability. Japanese Made Oil Seals: no squeaking noise, long durability; Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power for passenger cars
- Brand Maxorber
- Model Shocks Struts Absorber Shock Set Strut Kit
- Item Weight 26.4 pounds
- Product Dimensions 24.4 x 17.3 x 8.7 inches
- It Restores the ride height,
- It reduces body roll
- It greatly improves overall handling and ride.
- Easy installation.
- It can make slight noises.
4. SENSEN 108230-RS-SS Rear Complete Strut Assembly
SENSEN has been manufacturing high-quality parts for the OE (Original Equipment) and Aftermarket for over 30 years. The SENSEN factory, where all SENSEN shocks and struts are manufactured, is certified ISP 9001 and ISO/TS 16949.
Many other brands are sourced from multiple factories leading to possible inconsistencies in quality and appearance. SENSEN products are designed to meet or exceed OE specifications and are benchmarked for quality and performance to industry-leading brands.
SENSEN shocks use high-quality carbon steel rods with a hardened chrome finish and Japanese-made NOK seals. Precision robotic welding further enhances the quality and appearance of the product. All products have the same attractive powder-coat finish, which provides long-lasting corrosion and rust protection.
Features & details
- Precision designed for a direct fit and restore factory ride height.
- Hassle-free repair with all new components eliminating the need for specialty tools.
- All components manufactured to meet or exceed OE specifications for fit and function.
- Quality Control system certified by ISO9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2203
- SENSEN limited lifetime warranty, Purchase with confidence.
- Brand Sensen
- Model Suspension Complete Struts
- Item Weight 45 pounds
- Very easy to install.
- Good product for the price.
- Fits perfectly.
- It didn’t even require an alignment when done.
- It can be a little stiff at first.
5. DTA 60171-2 Rear Complete Strut Assemblies With Springs and Mounts
The DTA struts come with 2 pcs of Rear strut assemblies which are complete, ready-to-install replacement strut assemblies. Each unit features a pre-assembled replacement bearing plate, upper and lower spring isolators, upper spring seat, coil spring, boot kit, and strut.
This fully integrated design reduces installation time, eliminates the need for a spring compressor, and helps ensure a complete repair. The strut features nitrogen gas charging, multi-staging valving and all-weather fluid to deliver a quiet and comfortable ride experience. DTA ride control products are ISO16949, TS2002, TUV and SUD certified.
- 2 Rear Struts For 2001-2003 Toyota Highlander FWD Only, Will NOT Fit AWD
- The strut is nitrogen gas charged with 4 Lip Teflon banded Piston Seal, micro-polished chrome-plated piston rod, and all-weather SV3 fluid.
- Coil Spring is heated treated & powder coated to ensure longevity and protection from Corrosion.
- Spring seats insulated to springs to ensure quiet and comfortable ride quality.
- Neoprene boots and bump stops when applicable.
- Brand DRIVE TECH AMERICA
- Item Weight 44 pounds
- Manufacturer Part Number 60171
- Direct fit, solid construction,
- Durable, good quality.
- Easy installation
- Gives good control over the vehicle.
- Prevents the vehicle from swaying or shaking.
- Meets or exceeds OE performance.
- The bad road gives the rear strut a squeaky noise.
6. KYB 339231 Excel-G Gas Strut
ide Comfort may be important, but restoring a vehicle’s Ride Control; stability, stopping, lane change responsiveness, and handling is critical. KYB Excel-G Shocks & Struts are designed for the most important performance purpose: Restoring the vehicle’s original capabilities.
KYB is a world-leading supplier of shocks and struts to new vehicle manufacturers and the Excel-G is made on the very same KYB OE assembly lines, uses the same OE quality components, and is calibrated to restore original, designed performance, not change it.
That has earned Excel-G the classification: OEA (Original Equipment for the Aftermarket). The KYB Excel-G is a nitrogen gas-charged, twin-tube design that includes every quality component that our global OEM products include and it is the preferred choice for Asian vehicles.
- Specifically calibrated to help restore the original handling and control characteristics of the Toyota Highlander
- Uses a seamless working cylinder matched with a Teflon coated piston band for a positive seal and longer life
- Triple chrome plated piston rod and multi-lip oil seals that reduce wear
- Solid seamless mounting eye rings and bolt bushings to eliminate rattles
- Brand KYB
- Model Excel-G OEM
- Item Weight 3.84 ounces
- Product Dimensions 12.2 x 6.5 x 5.1 inches
- Simple installation process.
- Kit fits perfectly.
- Great performance on off-road.
- Increased ground clearance.
- Sometimes it jerks due to terrible role center design.
- Control arm drop brackets not included.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the essential functions of the shock absorbers?
A: Its function is directly related to stability control and oscillation reduction, and its malfunction can generate faults due to fatigue in other mobile components of the car. In addition to supporting the weight of the vehicle and absorbing the vibrations that cause the unevenness of the terrain, the shock absorbers can also help to direct the car through a unique structure. That is, they help in the curves when we turn to the right or the left.
Q: How are the shock absorbers worn?
A: In general, the shock absorbers wear out due to their use. Interestingly, the vehicles driven by the city have more considerable wear of them due to the type of asphalt, very high pedestrian crossings, speed-reducing bands, sewer covers, etc. But external factors such as the usual load of the vehicle, the kilometers traveled, or wear due to weather factors such as humidity, cold or heat can also influence its wear.
Q: How to know what shock absorbers you must choose for your car?
A: Each shock absorber is designed for different needs. Some shock absorbers are to support large loads, and others improve comfort, others for sports driving, or to minimize the effects of pavement in the car, etc. So the most important thing when making this decision is to know what is the use you give to the vehicle.
Q: What happens when they wear out?
A: When the shock absorbers are worn, the vibration in the vehicle increases, loosening, and damaging other components because the impacts of the ground are no longer absorbed correctly. In the long run, this affects the comfort and ergonomics of the car and causing passengers to feel each of the potholes through which the vehicle passes.
Q: How can we tell if our car has worn-out shock absorbers?
A: Unfortunately, we cannot feel when our shock absorbers begin to suffer significant wear and tear, as it is a gradual process that makes it difficult to perceive. However, if we begin to notice that our car takes more time to brake and that the braking distance is reduced, it could indicate that our shock absorbers require a revision. Similarly, if you notice any oil leak or small drops that fall near your tires, it is best to check them to confirm they are in good condition.
Q: What is a refurbished shock absorber?
A: Reconditioning a damper means conditioning it back to work once a fault or defect has compromised its functions. It is no easy task to cover the gaps of such a system as this involves identifying different types of errors with varying kinds of symptoms in the car suspension.
It is highly recommended to buy the Best Shocks for Jeep JK to avoid future problems.
Q: When do you need to change your shocks?
A: There are basically two different scenarios that you’re going to run into as a Jeep owner.
One – is if you lift your vehicle you’re increasing the distance between the axle and the mounting point on the frame of the shock, so you have to buy longer travel shocks.
Second – is if your shocks have worn out and they need to be replaced.
There are a few ways to tell if your shocks are worn out. The first way is when the driver notices that the car is constantly bouncing up and down. The car doesn’t feel solid. This is an important sign that your shocks have worn out and need to be replaced.
The way to test your shocks in this situation is to go to the corner of the vehicle and push up and down on it really hard. If your vehicle doesn’t stop bouncing immediately, you might want to check your shocks.
There are also seals in the shocks that once they wear out, they will leak fluid. You also have bushings on both ends of the shock, on the top and bottom mounting points, if you hear any clunking or weird noises or squeaking or anything like that, definitely check those out. If those bushings are worn out time, then it is also time to replace the shocks as well.
6 Best Shocks For Toyota Highlander
Below are some of the best Toyota Highlander shocks available in the market today.
- OREDY Rear Pair Complete Shock Strut Coil Spring Assembly
- Detroit Axle – New Front Complete Quick Strut & Spring Assembly
- Maxorber Front Pair Shocks Struts Absorber Kit
- SENSEN 108230-RS-SS Rear Complete Strut Assembly
- DTA 60171-2 Rear Complete Strut Assemblies With Springs and Mounts
- KYB 339231 Excel-G Gas Strut
Shock absorbers are fundamental parts of the car, and their operation must be understood so that the driver is aware of the maintenance needs of his vehicle. If you are considering replacing them or not, it is vital that you take into account both the importance of the shock and its benefits and disadvantages that can bring you not to change them on time.
Remember to buy original shocks of the brand of your car, since they have gone through various quality processes and have been specifically designed to work on your model by the same specialists who created your vehicle, which in addition to prolonging your life protects you by guaranteeing you an excellent performance.