Interested in buying new or replacement shocks for Toyota Tacoma, then you have reached the right spot. Here, we have provided you with all the details regarding your need for buying the latest and greatest shocks.
Shocks are important as they help in maintaining a good drive on the bumpy roads. But choosing a shock may turn out to be a hassle nowadays so tie your seat belts and get ready for your one-stop solution for that.
Best Shocks For Toyota Tacoma
We have reviewed some of the best Toyota Tacoma replacement shocks so that you can make a purchase decision.
1. Gabriel G57133 Ultra Ready Mount
- Orifice Disk with variable nine-stage valving provides consistent oil flow
- G-Force technology for quicker response, improved product life, and consistent, reliable ride and control
- Stable Steer valving provides a response from all four corners for a stable, safe ride
- G-Force piston is bonded iron construction for durability and longer life, along with the heavy-duty compression head valve that withstands the extreme impact
- Brand Gabriel
- Product dimensions are 4 x 4 x 2 inches
- Item weight is 19.06 pounds
- The coating helps in preventing corrosion
- Provides with a lubrication seal
- May be challenging in rough terrains or off roads
2. Bilstein 24-185776 E5661H8 (Tacoma Bilstein 5100 B8)
- Body Design: 46mm ID smooth body (Non-coil over)
- Boot Included: Black bellows,
- Collapsed Length (IN): 14.88, Collapsed Length (MM): 378
- Finish: Zinc plated, Internal Design: Monotube,
- Lower Mount Type: Eye 14.1mm, Old Part Number: F4-BE5-6681-H7, F4-BE5-6681-H8
- Brand Bilstein
- Item weight is 5 pounds
- Product dimensions are 26.5 x 3 x 2.9 inches
- It is very durable
- A great pick for off-roading
- It is a bit expensive
3. Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Rear Pair
- Part Number 980-24-645
- Rear pair of 2 shocks for vehicles w/4-6″ rear lift
- Fits 2WD & 4WD vehicles
- Shock boots & Roost Shields sold separately. All necessary washers, bushings, reservoir clamps, and nuts included. Factory shock mounting bolts are reused for installation. Mounting plates sold separately.
- Brand Fox Shox
- Item weight is 12 pounds
- Product dimensions are 10 x 30 x 10 inches
- Results in a smooth drive
- It is also easy to install
- Price is a little high
4. Rancho RS999915 Quick Lift Loaded Strut
- Easy to Install – Pre-assembled with coil spring and upper mount
- Levels front suspension – Removes the factory rake
- Clears up to 35-in. tires (select applications) – Creates a custom look, increases ground clearance
- 9-position tuning technology – Easily adjust ride quality and performance
- Liquid metallic finish – Premium long lasting finish
- Brand Rancho
- Item weight is 22.8 pounds
- Product dimensions are 29.4 x 5.8 x 6.8 inches
- It’s very easy to install
- Improves the drive quality
- Capability to go off-road
- They do not perform well on a smooth road
5. KYB SR4463 Complete Corner Unit Assembly
- Designed for proper ride height and original handling capabilities on your Toyota Tacoma with the TRD package
- Exact fitment engineered and pre-assembled for professional results
- Features an application engineered KYB spring designed to match the strut, maintain proper ride height longer and control weight without sacrificing vehicle ride quality
- Built with a performance restoring KYB Gas-a-Just Monotube Strut for those with the TRD package, a performance upgrade for Tacomas without the TRD package
- Brand KYB
- Item weight is 20.6 pounds
- Product dimensions are 8.2 x 25.9 x 8.9 inches
- Trusted by many users
- Most compatible with Toyota Tacoma
- Not very easy to install
6. SENSEN 1240-FS Front Pair of Shocks
- Precision designed for a direct fit and restore factory ride height.
- All components manufactured to meet or exceed OE specifications for fit and function.
- Quality Control system certified by ISO9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002
- Brand Sensen Shocks and Struts
- Item weight is 12 pounds
- Product dimensions are 19.8 x 3.5 x 2.5 inches
- Very high quality
- Best in Budget
- Not all equipment is provided for installation
7. Monroe 32066
- 1/2 inch Diameter Piston Rod: Nitro carburized rod for long service life. On non-dust shield units only
- 1-3/16 inch Bore: Larger bore than most shocks to provide more efficient and consistent control
- All-Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Brand Monroe
- Item weight is 2.91 pounds
- Product dimensions are 19.3 x 4.2 x 2.7 inches
- It is the cheapest option
- Simple installation process
- Not made for off-roading
- Not very durable
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does the shock work on both sides of the vehicle?
A: Yes, it works on both sides.
Q. Does every shock comes with boots?
A: No, it depends on the model and brand.
Q. Do I have to buy two for the front or are they sold in pairs?
A: Most ones are separate so make sure to buy more for the front.
Q. What’s the max amount of lift you can get from shocks?
A: It depends on the model e.g., Bilstein 5100 Tacoma Shock Front 05-10 inches, etc.,
Q. Are these installed on the left or right?
A: They can be installed on any side.
7 Best Shocks For Toyota Tacoma 4×4
Below is the list of 7 best replacement shocks for Toyota Tacoma you can equip your truck with.
- Monroe 32066
- SENSEN 1240-FS Front Pair of Shocks
- KYB SR4463 Complete Corner Unit Assembly
- Rancho RS999915 Quick Lift Loaded Strut
- Bilstein 5100 Tacoma
- Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Rear Pair
- Gabriel G57133 Ultra Ready Mount
Out of all the shocks that we have listed it can be said that there are multiple options in the market today for buying new shocks for Toyota Tacoma but the point of this review is to let you know the best options out there suitable for you.
If we analyze the shocks we can make out that SENSEN 1240-FS Front Pair of Shocks is the best option as it covers every aspect of an all-rounder shock and is within the price range.