Are you in the market for shocks for Ford F250, then you have arrived at the right destination! Here, we have provided you with all the details regarding your need.
Good shocks will improve the drive quality of your F250 and will result in better durability of your car. So, make sure you don’t let the bad roads spoil your drive rather than make it more pleasing.
There is a myth that shock absorbers support the weight of the vehicle but it isn’t true. These are just an individual part of the suspension system of a car.
Shocks for Ford F250 Reviews
Here is the list of 7 best shocks for Ford F250 Super duty you can equip your truck with.
1. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock Set
Fits For Ford F250/F350
- Part Numbers 24-186018 and 24-186025
- You’ll be getting two front and two rear Ford F250 shock absorbers. For vehicles with no suspension modifications or up to 2″ front lift systems and up to 2″ rear lift systems.
- Designed for 4WD vehicles
- All necessary washers, bushings, reservoir clamps, and nuts included. Factory shock mounting bolts are reused for installation. Mounting plates sold separately.
- Bilstein Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Exterior is Smooth
- Brand Bilstein
- Product dimensions are 10 x 10 x 30 inches
- Item weight is 25 pounds
- This gives a top-notch performance
- Very Durable
- It is a perfect fit
- May be challenging in rough terrains or off roads
2. Rancho RS5000 Shocks
Fits For 2005-14 For Ford F-250/ F-350 Super Duty 4WD 0-1.5
- Compatible with: 2005-2014 F250 F350 Super Duty With 4WD
- Ten Stage Velocity Sensitive Valving.
- Protective Boot Included.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Brand Rancho
- Item weight is 30 pounds
- Product dimensions are 10 x 12 x 5 inches
- It is very easy to install
- Performs well in every type of terrain
- It has a paint finish
3. Maxpow 2 6767 Hood Lift Support Gas Struts
- Fitment: For 2008 2009 2010 Ford F250 F350 F450 F550 Super Duty Hood Struts
- Placement on Vehicle: Front Hood Lift Supports Struts Shocks Damper Props Rods
- Extendable, For 2008 2009 2010 Ford F250 F350 F450 F550 Super Duty Hood Struts
- Exterior is smooth
- Brand Maxpow
- Item weight is 1.8 pounds
- Product dimensions are 27.7 x 2.8 x 1.3 inches
- Not very expensive to buy
- It is also easy to install
- There is a little discomfort while clipping the bottom pin
4. ECCPP 994585-5211-1644531 Front Pair Shock Absorbers Strut Kits
For Ford F-250
- FITMENT – Front struts Ford F250 shock absorbers fit for 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Ford F-250 Super Duty F-350 Super Duty compatible with 554347 34525 struts
- STABILITY AND SAFETY – Twin-tube shock body to protect shock action from rugged off-road work, accelerate frame and body vibration attenuation to improve vehicle ride comfort, Improve braking and steering issues and make driving more comfortable and safer
- BETTER DRIVING EXPERIENCE – High-performance rubber bushes and top quality bump stop exclusive to ECCPP shock absorbers, providing you a better driving experience
- LONGER SERVICE LIFE – Steel rod is micro-polished with a double chrome plate. High corrosion resistance and long service life. Brackets and mountings match O.E.
- Brand ECCPP
- Item weight is 10.36 pounds
- Product dimensions are 20.4 x 2.8 x 5.5 inches
- It’s very easy to install
- Improves the drive quality
- Leveled trucks are not compatible
5. Monroe 911195 Reflex Truck Shock Absorber
- ASD Technology: Innovative valving provides greater control for handling while improving ride comfort
- All-Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Fluon Banded Piston: The fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability
- Brand Monroe
- Item weight is 3 pounds
- Product dimensions are 23.3 x 4.4 x 2.9 inches
- Increases the performance
- It’s not very expensive
- Quality not up to the mark
6. Maxorber 4pcs Front Rear Full Kit Shocks Struts Absorber
Fits For Ford F-250 Super Duty 4WD
- Shock Absorbers For Left H (Driver Side) and Right H (Passenger Side); Shock Absorbers only, not including springs or mounts.
- Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power for passenger cars. Shocks Struts replacement to restore your vehicle ride, handling, and control performance
- Premium Qualified Finish: rust protection; Nitrogen Gas-charged: improved stopping, steering, stability.
- Japanese Made Oil Seals: no squeaking noise, long durability; Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power for passenger cars
- Brand Maxorber
- Item weight is 23.1 pounds
- Product dimensions are 22.4 x 18.6 x 9.8 inches
- Improved durability
- There is a high tolerance to rust
- Increases performance
- Not as cheap as compared to other
7. Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Set
For 2005-2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 4WD
- Compatible with: 4WD Vehicles at factory height or 0-1.5″ Front Lift and 0-1″ Rear Lift
- Shock boots & Roost Shields sold separately.
- Monotube gas charged with a 2-inch aluminum seamless alloy body. Shocks are rebuildable and nitrogen gas-rechargeable.
- All necessary washers, bushings, and nuts included. Factory shock mounting bolts are reused for installation.
- Brand Fox Racing
- Item weight is 30 pounds
- Product dimensions are 15 x 35 x 10 inches
- Ease of installation
- Highly Durable
- Enhanced performance
- Price is a little high as compared to the competitors
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I need shock extensions if my truck has a leveling kit?
A: You will not as long as the leveling kit does not exceed a 2” lift.
Q. Do I need a lift kit to install shocks in my Ford F250 super duty diesel?
A: No, they are designed for a stock truck or up to a 2” lift.
Q. Will installing shocks increase the height of my truck?
A: It depends if you are buying a gas-pressurized one then Yes if they are oil-driven then-No.
Q. Do shocks come in pair?
A: No, they do not always come in pairs.
Q. When do the Ford F250 shock absorbers need to be replaced?
A: There are plenty of reasons:
- Oil leaking from shocks
- Knocking noises
- Vehicle may feel unsettling over bumps
- The vehicle bounces more than normal
7 Best Shocks For Ford F250:
Below is the list of Ford F250 shocks that you can buy today.
- Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock Set 2005-2016 Ford F250 4WD
- Rancho RS5000 Shocks 05-14 For Ford F-250 Super Duty 4WD 0-1.5
- Maxpow 2 6767 Hood Lift Support Gas Struts
- ECCPP 994585-5211-1644531 Front Pair Shock Absorbers Strut Kits for Ford F-250
- Monroe 911195 Reflex Truck Shock Absorber
- Maxorber 4pcs Front Rear Full Kit Shocks Struts Absorber Compatible with Ford F-250 Super Duty 4WD
- Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Set compatible with 2005-2016 Ford F350/ Ford F250 Super Duty 4WD
Shocks are very important for your car as they help in absorbing all the shocks and bumps on the road and based on all facts the best shock for Ford F250 super duty diesel to buy currently is Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock Set since it currently proves to be of the most value when compared to others.
In the end shocks are just a small part of your car and it is up to you whether you take care of them or not but given its size it is truly one of the most important ones as it improves the drive quality.