When one invests in such prestigious and costly automobile-like Ford F150, he should be concerned about the damage control and safety measures involved in the truck suspension system. In this article, we will discuss the best shocks for Ford F150 4×4 truck.
Relax, this could be done by the installation of high-grade shock absorber and Strut.
Brief History About Ford F150
It was Henry Ford who first globalized the production of commercial cars and established the food motor company in 1903. So Ford has always been an Elite and innovative brand with its pioneer staff members continuously inventing something new. Switching its bad and cabs construction from steel to lightweight aluminum helping improve fuel economy and performance, Ford came up with its Ford f 150 truck.
The Ford f 150 are furnished with high strength military-grade aluminum-alloy body, 6 engine lineup including Turbo diesel, 2.7 liters turbocharged Eco-boost, smart towing features, 8 inch LCD productivity screen, pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking, off-road handling, and many other features. With all such highly expensive and new technology installed, if one is not concerned about damage control during braking and off-road driving then it would be like using a very expensive LED without a good stabilizer.
The Best Shocks For Ford F150 4×4 Truck
Below are the best shocks for Ford F150 4×4 truck that you must consider buying for a smoother ride.
Gabriel G57053 Ultra Ready Mount
- Easy installation.
- Chrome finished Piston rod inhibits corrosion, ensures proper seal lubrication and consistent via surface.
- Unique G Force Technology provides easy control and handling ability during off-road drives.
- Includes the upper Strut, amount Street, bumper strut, boot coil, spring seat, and a premium Strut.
Users have found the installation, as easy as the removal of the tire. They say, it is a perfect fit and made their ride like being on marshmallows. People founded it relatively inexpensive and much easier than dealing with the springs and other rusty components.
So they could be a perfect match for your F-150, in a very cost-effective way. You just need to try them out once.
Bilstein 5100 Shock Absorber
- Designed as a direct fit solution for lifted trucks and SUVs.
- The monotube design provides consistent fade-free performance and instantly adjusts to the road surface.
- Zinc plated finish delivers corrosion-resistant and long-lasting durability.
- Easy bolt-on installation.
This shock absorber has got an incredible rating.’ Great ride, feel more planted on the road, feel much more in control of the truck, wish I’d have switched these over sooner, my truck feels like a truck now’, are what most of the reviews spoke.
With such advanced automation installed and outstanding reactions from users, your F 150 truck also deserves these shock absorber to make it feel a real truck. It is one of the best shocks for Ford F150 4×4.
KYB 348058 Excel- G Gas Shock
- Calibrated to compensate for worn suspension components.
- Gives rides original performance.
- Design for better handleability and control for the normal driving condition.
- Built with quality that meets or exceeds OEM shocks.
To the users, the quality of KYB shocks looked very well, especially compared to the OE. Some found it easy to install and improved ride experience, others got impressed by the great price and the lifetime warranty.
Boost up you’ve worn out suspension system by just installing these KYB shocks and kickback over the weekend.
Rancho RS9000XL Series Shock
- Adjustable damping with a varied diameter of the Reserve tube.
- Polyurethane bushing enhances shop performance and durability.
- Large nitro carb rod.
- Gives full control of ride quality with an incredible 9-way adjustable dial for perfect compression and damping control.
- Cellular gas design with variable force control for precise flow metering.
Most people found it safe and secure to drive with Rancho RS9000 XL .9 way adjustable dial covers all types of rides and fulfills the purpose of most shock absorbers.
So if anyone out there is looking for a one-time investment, then there is no better option than rancho rs 9000XL, for it is versatile, strong and provide a controlled ride.
Skyjacker B8523 Max Shock Absorber
- Includes increased fluid capacity and utilize foam cell Technology.
- Provide damping action throughout the operating temperature range of the shock.
- Assembly includes a sintered Iron piston, orifice control desk, DOM tubing, and a black boot.
- Stable steer evolving ensures tire to road contact for a smooth comfortable ride.
- Each and Mount is a 360-degree arc- welded and provides 180-degree directional mounting.
These shocks are well worth the price of the- most users said. The new foam cell Technology compliments the automation of the truck. Its features rationalize the outstanding reviews of users.
For the technophiles and people always looking for something new, Skyjacker B8525 is the perfect match for their f 150 truck.
King Shocks 25001-331 OEM Remote Reservoir Shock
- External Reservoir Monotube.
- 2.5” outer diameter.
- Coil-over design for added suspension performance.
- Threaded spacer for height adjustment.
This is the ultimate replacement performance upgrade shock with coil-over springs, and this is priced so high, you will need to think whether you are into upgrading or stock.
Eibach 35-035-02-01 Pro-Truck Sport Shock
- Off-Road application.
- Monotube design.
- Nitro-Coated rods and with zinc coating.
The Eibach performance shock is a monotube nitro-coated rod with zinc coating and exceptional engineering as expected from an Eibach product.
Why Upgrade Shocks?
Hydraulic oil pumps that absorb the shocks and vibration of the road surface while keeping the tires on the ground are the shock absorbers. It is not a suspension system; it acts as a supportive performance part that assists the suspension system in both absorbing shocks while keeping the wheels on the ground.
(The system which is used to support the weight of the vehicle while absorbing most of the shocks is known as the suspension system). These are designed to absorb and reduce drive bounce, vehicle roll or sway, and brake dive and acceleration squat. So, the best shocks for Ford F150 4×4 can result in your good driving experience and handling comfort.
7 Best Shocks For Ford F150 4×4
Below are some of the best shocks for Ford F150 4×4 trucks in the market.
- Gabriel G57053 Ultra Ready Mount
- Bilstein 5100 Shock Absorber
- KYB 348058 Excel- G Gas Shock
- Rancho Rs9000Xl Series Shock
- Skyjacker B8523 Max Shock Absorber
- King Shocks 25001-331 Oem Remote Reservoir Shock
- Eibach 35-035-02-01 Pro-truck Sport Shock
I hope you have figured out, the most suitable shock absorber, meeting the requirement of your Ford F-150. We recommend the Bilstein 5100 as the best shocks for Ford F150 4×4.
The shock absorber in your car does not just cushion the ride. It also performs specific safety functions for both trucks and vehicles. So, investment is, I feel, the most decorous decision, as far as F 150 truck is concerned.