When one invests in such a prestigious and costly automobile-like Ford F150, he should be concerned about the damage control and safety measures involved in the truck suspension system. In this article, we will discuss the best shocks for Ford F150 4×4 truck.
Relax, this could be done by the installation of a high-grade shock absorber and Strut.
It was Henry Ford who first globalized the production of commercial cars and established the food motor company in 1903. So Ford has always been an Elite and innovative brand with its pioneer staff members continuously inventing something new. Switching its bad and cabs construction from steel to lightweighalaluminiumm helping improve fuel economy and performance, Ford came up with its Ford f 150 truck.
The Ford f 150 is furnished with a strong military-alum aluminium-alloy body, 6 engine lineup including Turbo diesel, 2.7 litres turbocharged Eco-boost, smart towing features, 8 inch LCD productivity screen, pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking, off-road handling, and many other features. With all such highly expensive and new technology installed, if one is not concerned about damage control during braking and off-road driving then it would be like using a very expensive LED without a good stabilizer.
The Best Shocks For Ford F150 4×4 Truck
Below are the best Ford F150 shocks that you must consider buying for a smoother ride.
1. Gabriel G57053 Ultra Ready Mount
- Easy installation.
- Chrome finished Piston rod inhibits corrosion, ensures proper seal lubrication and is consistent via surface.
- Unique G Force Technology provides easy control and handling ability during off-road drives.
- Includes the upper Strut, amount Street, bumper strut, boot coil, spring seat, and a premium Strut.
Users have found the installation, as easy as the removal of the tire. They say, it is a perfect fit and made their ride like being on marshmallows. People found it relatively inexpensive and much easier than dealing with the springs and other rusty components. It has an average rating of 4.7/5 on Amazon.
So they could be a perfect match for your F-150, in a very cost-effective way. You just need to try them out once.
2. Bilstein 5100 Shock Absorber
- Designed as a direct fit solution for lifted trucks and SUVs.
- The monotube design provides consistent fade-free performance and instantly adjusts to the road surface.
- Zinc plated finish delivers corrosion-resistant and long-lasting durability.
- Easy bolt-on installation.
This shock absorber has got an incredible rating.’ Great ride, feel more planted on the road, feel much more in control of the truck, wish I’d have switched these over sooner, my truck feels like a truck now’, are what most of the reviews spoke. It has an average rating of 4.5/5 on Amazon.
With such advanced automation installed and outstanding reactions from users, your F 150 truck also deserves these shock absorbers to make it feels really like y a truck. It is one of the best for the Ford F150 4×4.
3. KYB 348058 Excel- G Gas Shock
- Calibrated to compensate for worn suspension components.
- Gives the ride an original performance.
- Design for better handleability and control for the normal driving condition.
- Built with quality that meets or exceeds OEM shocks.
To the users, the quality of KYB shocks looked very well, especially compared to the OE. Some found it easy to install and improved the ride experience, others got impressed by the great price and the lifetime warranty. It has an average rating of 5/5 on Amazon.
Boost up you’ve worn out suspension system by just installing these KYB shocks and kickback over the weekend.
4. Rancho RS9000XL Series Shock
- Adjustable damping with a varied diameter of the Reserve tube.
- Polyurethane bushing enhances shop performance and durability.
- Large nitro carb rod.
- Gives full control of ride quality with an incredible 9-way adjustable dial for perfect compression and damping control.
- Cellular gas design with variable force control for precise flow metering.
Most people found it safe and secure to drive with Rancho RS9000 XL .9 way adjustable dial covers all types of rides and fulfils the purpose of most shock absorbers. It has an average rating of 4.7/5 on Amazon.
So if anyone out there is looking for a one-time investment, then there is no better option than rancho rs 9000XL, for it is versatile, strong and provide a controlled ride.
5. Skyjacker B8523 Max Shock Absorber
- Includes increased fluid capacity and utilize foam cell Technology.
- Provide damping action throughout the operating temperature range of the shock.
- Assembly includes a sintered Iron piston, orifice control desk, DOM tubing, and a black boot.
- Stable steer evolving ensures tire to road contact for a smooth comfortable ride.
- Each Mount is a 360-degree arc-welded and provides 180-degree directional mounting.
These shocks are well worth the price the- most users said. The new foam cell Technology compliments the automation of the truck. Its features rationalize the outstanding reviews of users. It has an average rating of 4.7/5 on Amazon.
For enophiles and people always looking for something new, Skyjacker B8525 is the perfect match for their f 150 truck.
6. King Shocks 25001-331 OEM Remote Reservoir Shock
- External Reservoir Monotube.
- 2.5” outer diameter.
- Coil-over design for added suspension performance.
- Threaded spacer for height adjustment.
This is the ultimate replacement performance upgrade shock with coil-over springs, and this is priced so high, that you will need to think about whether you are into upgrading or stock. It has an average rating of 5/5 on Amazon.
7. Eibach 35-035-02-01 Pro-Truck Sport Shock
- Off-Road application.
- Monotube design.
- Nitro-Coated rods and with zinc coating.
The Eibach performance shock is a monotube nitro-coated rod with zinc coating and exceptional engineering as expected from an Eibach product. It has an average rating of 4/5 on Amazon.
Why Upgrade Shocks?
Hydraulic oil pumps b the shocks and vibration of the road surface while keeping the tires on the ground shock absorbers. It is not a suspension system; it acts as a supportive performance part that assists the suspension system in both absorbing shocks while keeping the wheels on the ground.
(The system which is used to support the weight of the vehicle while absorbing most of the shocks is known as the suspension system). These are designed to absorb and reduce drive bounce, vehicle roll or sway, brake and acceleration squat. So, the best shocks for the Ford F150 4×4 can result in a good driving experience and handling comfort.
7 Best Shocks For Ford F150 4×4
Below are some of the best Ford F150 shocks in the market.
- Gabriel G57053 Ultra Ready Mount
- Bilstein 5100 Shock Absorber
- KYB 348058 Excel- G Gas Shock
- Rancho Rs9000Xl Series Shock
- Skyjacker B8523 Max Shock Absorber
- King Shocks 25001-331 Oem Remote Reservoir Shock
- Eibach 35-035-02-01 Pro-truck Sport Shock
Frequently Asked Questions-
So, here are some of the frequently asked questions about how you can make the Ford f150 smoother how shocks lift your truck ,differences.
1.How Can I Make My Ford F150 Smoother?
There are some steps to make Ford F150 smoother-
: First you should low the unsprung mass. Next change the suspension system and modify the chassis. Then Emlinite the vibrations which occur and at last take new leaf springs.
2.Do Bilstein 5100 Shocks Lift Your Truck?
When you use your factory coil spring in the 5100 shocks then Yes. In some cases there is an option so that their is no lift setting on the struts and a lifted shock stock height trucks. The stock height shock will take a 0″ (Stock Height) to 1″ lift.
3.Will New Shocks Make Ride Smoother?
: The person can think that new shocks and struts will help to make their ride smoother, but sometimes new shocks and struts can do a lot more. New shocks and struts can brake like when it was new.
4.What Is The Difference Between Bilstein 5100 And 4600?
: The major difference between the Bilstein Heavy Duty vs Bilstein 5100s is that the Heavy Duty or 4600 series were designed which were stock height trucks and whereas the 5100 Series which are built for lifting the trucks. The 5100 shocks ride Firmer.
5.How Long Do F150 Shocks Last?
: F-150 shocks last between 50k and 100k miles.
6.Should You Change Shocks In Pairs?
: Yes, you should change shocks in pairs.
7.How Do I Know My Shocks Are Bad?
: When unusual noises come over bumps, or the front end of the vehicle get down sharply in hard braking. Bad shocks also affect steering control .
8.Should I Replace All 4 Shocks At The Same Time?
: No, all 4 shocks should not be replaced at the sane time as Shocks and struts should always be replaced in parts or, better all four, predictable handling.
I hope you have figured out, the most suitable shock absorber, to meet the requirement of your Ford F-150. We recommend the Bilstein 5100 as the best shock for Ford F150 4×4.
The shock absorber in your car does not just cushion the ride. It also performs specific safety functions for both trucks and vehicles. So, investment is, I feel, the most decorous decision, as far as F 150 truck is concerned.