We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Shock absorbers are installed to assure a firm and smooth ride with full control at all (or most) times, and different shocks are used for different applications. Jeeps, especially the Grand Cherokee are designed for rough and ready driving, so you want the most reliable and only the best shocks for Jeep Grand Cherokee in the market.
There are three types of shocks on the market, they include the standard extension shock that is used for shock-absorbing only, then there are the strut shocks, these are attached to the cars suspension system and offer slight suspension enhancements and the most advanced category is the hybrid system that integrates extension and struts to create a comprehensive suspension and shock-absorbing system.
Best Shocks For Jeep Grand Cherokee
We have listed down the best shocks for Jeep Grand Cherokee for you to make a purchase decision.
1. Rancho RS5000 Shocks
This is a non-leveling nor lifting shock system. They are 4 shock absorbers that improve your overall control and deliver a slightly smoother ride for your Jeep. These shocks come with Rancho’s proprietary ten-stage velocity-sensitive valving that deliver specific tuning specific for your jeep. They are the best shock absorbers for Jeep Grand Cherokee.
All Rancho shocks come with an improved hydraulic damping and velocity-sensitive valving that is designed to generate a proportional damping force to the velocity of compression including the extension of the shock. These shocks deliver low resistance with slow compression and greater resistance with fast compression.
This kit comes with all the washers, bushings, and nuts needed for fast installation.
- 5/8-in. (16mm) diameter piston rods for extra strength and durability
- 1 3/8-in. (35mm) diameter piston optimizes performance for all environments
- A protective boot that adds protection to the shock rod and oil seal
2. BC Racing BR Series Coilovers 05-10
The Jeep Patriot BC Racing BR series coil-overs are a mono-tube shock design with 30 levels of dampening force adjustment. These shocks come with pillow ball mounts and adjustable camber plates as well as adjustable rear camber plates.
- Shock housing 46mm pistons and 53mm shock housings
- SAE9254 Steel spring valves that are designed to outperform stainless steels giving longer valve life. These springs have been tested at over 500,000x and result proved a < 5% deformation
- Patented deflective system on the valve stacks providing more precise control
- Patented concave lower locking ring that is designed to prevent unseating
- Spring locks and seats are made of lightweight T6061 Aluminum
- The MacPherson struts come with iron lower brackets for extra rigidity.
- Highly polished steel piston rods prevent leaking and provide extra oil seal life and
- consistent fade resistant damping is reached with high-pressure inner rod guide seals
- The Pillowball mounts have an extra bearing that provides a smoother action
- Nickel and chromium plating over the body for both corrosion prevention and a smooth finish
3. Cxracing Damper Coilovers Suspension Kit
The CXRacing Damper Coilover Suspension Kit for 2005-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK SRT8 AWD is a mono-Tube shock with top mount and a 32-step height-adjustable damper.
These shocks deliver a street sports spring rate of 18Kg in the front and 6kg in the rear.
4. Rubicon express SK010634RXT
The # SK010634RXT is a Standard Lift Kit by Rubicon Express® and designed for all Jeep XJ models. These shocks were designed to meet and go beyond OEM quality standards and provide a superior upgrade to your suspension system.
This kit includes the following parts:
- Sway Bar Disconnects
- Leaf Springs
- Transfer Case Lowering Kit
- Degree Shim
- Spring Bushings
- Piston diameter: 625”
- Chrome shaft length 11/16”
- Double welded rings for improved reliability and longevity
- Rebound Stops and Multi Lip Seal
- Silver Paint over Black Urethane Bushings
5. Oredy front pair complete quick struts shock coil
The Oredy kit replaces Monroe parts 171377L, 171377R, 11211, and 11212. These are compatible for 2005 – 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Excludes SRT And SRT8 Models.
The upper mount integrates special steel bearings with SAE grade nuts and bolts. The Rubber to steel bonding agents is all processed to exceed OEM quality. These units come with a hollow bumper designed to prevent component damage, and the coil spring is made of high-quality steel to support the weight of the vehicle and is adjustable for precise height calibration.
Oredy includes a silent upper spring seat that not only supports the Jeep’s weight, it also absorbs all vibrations and is extremely quiet. This combines with the lower spring isolators that prevent metal to metal friction and increases the silencing characteristics.
5 Best Shocks For Jeep Grand Cherokee
Below are the best shocks for Jeep grand Cherokee to try.
- Rancho Rs5000 Shock
- BC Racing Br Series Coilovers 05-10
- Cxracing Damper Coilovers Suspension Kit
- Rubicon Express Sk010634Rxt
- Oredy Front Pair Complete Quick Struts Shock Coil
We have shared all the best shocks for Jeep Grand Cherokee, no matter whichever you select from the list you should be good to go.
We recommend the Rancho Rs5000 Shocks as the best shocks in the market. Let us know which one you will be considering to purchase in the comments below.