Hearing about words like shocks might not be new to you, as these are some of the most important components in a vehicle. Their main purpose is to reduce those compressing oscillations of the vehicle and enhance its performance.
So today we have a very special beauty with us i.e. the Ford Focus about which we would be discussing the best shocks that would improve its performance to such a great extent.
Best Shocks For Ford Focus
We have reviewed some of the best Ford Focus replacement shocks so that you can make a purchase decision.
1. Gabriel G57081
- It comes with G-Force high-tech technology
- It offers nine-stage valve procedures thus producing a consistent flow of oil.
- Enhanced Steer valving from all four corners.
- It comes with a Chrome piston rod
- High stability and durability.
- Prevention of oil leak between the piston rod and the piston.
- High Operational Consistency.
- A little expensive
2. Monroe 32404
- It comes with Nitro carbonized rod
- Larger Bore
- Contains all-weather Fluid
- Reduced Friction due to Fluid for all weather.
- Smoother compression over those old-school factory shocks.
- This Ford Focus strut has a long service life.
- Not good to solve a long term purpose.
- Difficult to tighten the bolts and nuts
3. DTA 70116X
- Nitrogen gas charged.
- It comes with 4 lip Teflon banded Piston seal.
- Insulated Spring seats.
- Offers Neoprene Boots
- It comes with all-weather fluid enhancing the ride experience.
- It comes with ready to installation feature.
- No plastic dust covers are included for rear Ford Focus shocks.
- Got some major issues with the brake line bracket
4. Detroit Axle
- Tight seal present between piston and pressure tube preventing wear and tear
- Minimized leaks increasing consistency.
- It can deal with moderately rugged paths.
- It offers easy installation.
- Poor build quality.
- Cannot handle difficult terrains.
- It comes with a Chrome plated piston.
- Satisfies OEM Design Upgrades.
- Offers Automatic Machine welds.
- Made from the best quality components.
- Ready to install Feature.
- Satisfies OEM SPECS for every part.
- Comparatively weak absorber.
- Machinery makes sounds when fitted.
6. Gabriel G57082
- It comes with G-Force tech.
- Highly finished chrome rods.
- Ready to install feature.
- It comes with a decent life.
- One of the best Ford Focus shocks with great consistency
- Most expensive
7. SENSEN 104680
- Strictly follows OE standards
- Nitrogen gas charged.
- Follows a twin-tube design
- Great Control performance over rugged terrain.
- Assuring you a firmer ride.
- It offers long life and durability to a larger extent.
- Quite the underdog.
Frequently Asked Questions-
So, here are some of the frequently asked questions about what is the lifetime these Ford Focus shocks offer, are they easy to install etc?
Q: What Is The Lifetime These Ford Focus Shocks Offer?
A: Depends on the material they are made from
Q: What Is The Material They Are Made From?
A: These are made from some high-grade aluminium or zinc material.
Q: Are These Easy To Install?
A: Yes, these are easy to install.
Q: Do This Shock Comes With Boots?
A: It varies from model to model.
Q: Are These Available In Different Color Options?
A: Yes, these are available in different colour options.
Q: What Brand Of Shocks Does Ford Use?
Ford uses shocks of the Motorcraft® brand.
Q: What Type Of Shocks Give The Smoothest Ride?
The smoothest riding shocks you can get would be ones identical to the Bilstein B4 series, or Monroe OE Spectrum. All of these have the most forgiving valving for road handling.
Q: Does A Ford Focus Have Struts Or Shocks?
The cost for a Ford Focus suspension shock or strut assembly replacement is between $487 and $539. Labor costs are estimated between $198 and $250.
Q: How Long Do Ford Focus Shocks Last?
Ford Focus shocks last between 50k and 100k miles.
Q: Why Are Bilstein Shocks Better?
Bilstein’s technically superior, allows the excessive heat from the oil to transfer to the outer surface of the shock body . The dividing piston also permits the oil to expand as heat builds, and viscosity loss.
Q: Which Shock Absorber Is Best?
- Bilstein 24-186742 Rear Shock Absorber.
- Bilstein 24-186643 Shock Absorber.
- Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber.
- Monroe Load Adjusting Shock Absorber.
Q: Which Is Better Gas Or Oil Filled Shocks?
Gas filled shock absorbers are considered better and more advance than oil filled shock absorber, they allow better comfort and driving safety.
Q: How Much Do Shocks Cost?
The cost for the replacement of Shocks are about $250 to $580.
7 Best Shocks For Ford Focus
Below is the comprehensive list of best shocks for Ford Focus available in the market today.
- Gabriel G57081
- Monroe 32404
- DTA 70116X
- Detroit Axle
- Gabriel G57082
- SENSEN 104680
So these are the top Ford Focus shocks offering the best performance in their respective price range and categories. From monotube to twin tube to nitrogen gas rechargeable every variety has its benefits in its price brackets.