We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Shocks and struts are a combination of essential parts of an automobile’s outside framework. When it comes to a smoother ride experience or driving through rough terrain with relative ease, it entirely depends on the shock system. Acting as a resistant shield, they help keep the tires locked in with the terrain. In this article we will help you decide which is the best shocks for Honda Civic.
Ride-control systems (shocks and struts) are suspension systems that optimize both manoeuvrabilities and ride comfort without compromising either one. Suspension systems range from dual-rate damping and variable rate damping to a completely active (hydraulic) system. Dual rate damping systems a fast-acting rotary solenoid on the shock absorber which modifies the damping rate from either a “soft ” comfortable rate or a “firm” rate for improved handling. Variable-rate systems modify the shocks damping rate variably from “soft” to “firm” depending on road conditions and vehicle body fluctuation.
Honda Civic Shock Reviews & Buyers Guide
Below are struts and shocks for Honda Civic mentioned in the following list are of premium quality. Tested and reviewed by users from all across the globe.
- Big handling improvements
- Reasonable ride quality
- Rebuildable for custom vehicle setups
- Koni shocks for Honda Civic for all lowering springs
- Lifetime warranty
Product Information :
- Brand – Koni
- Item Weight – 5.07 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 23 x 6 x 5.5 inches
- Item model number – 8641 1497Sport
- Manufacturer Part Number – 8641-1497SPORT
- Koni is one of the top brands which support the Honda brand.
- Works for all the versions of Honda Civic
- Instant improvement is seen, especially in the rear end with the proper elevation.
- Installation is quite easy
- Koni gives the factory default shocks. Thus customization might not be appropriate.
- Installation might be cumbersome if one doesn’t have previous experience.
- 100% pressure examined
- Simple to establish
- Replenishes like-new steering
- Intended to reduce pressures for more extended assistance
- Frayed or sagging coils can make unanticipated wheel damage due to vehicle mismanagement
- Brand – MOOG Chassis Products
- Item Weight – 10.64 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 15 x 11.8 x 5.8 inches
- Item model number – 81681
- Manufacturer Part Number – 81681
- Parts are identical to factory make
- Installation does not require additional help
- Always compare the model number with your car’s version
- Extended height for the rear end which might be discretionary
- The rear adjustable shock absorbers and front adjustable shock struts are a particular design.
- Firm damping is tuned by a conventional piston assembly, while soft damping is obtained by opening a rotary valve and allowing oil to bypass the piston valving.
- The ratio of something which determines firm to soft rides varies but is nominally a 3:1 ratio.
- Each shock also contains an air-bag assembly for load level.
- Brand -Skunk2 Racing
- Model – 541-05-4740
- Item Weight – 52 pounds
- Package Dimensions – 28 x 13 x 13 inches
- Item model number – 541-05-4740
- Manufacturer Part Number – 541-05-4740
- Thanks to designing, it fits perfectly with Civic 2001-2005 models.
- Automatic safety features make it expensive, but the price is worth the product.
- Long-lasting and extremely durable.
- Installation needs experts.
- Slightly overpriced from factory-made shocks and struts.
4. DRIVE TECH AMERICA
- Completely packed flawless assembly is secure and effortless to install. Confirmed fit and purpose.
- The strut is nitrogen gas-filled with four lip Teflon banded Piston Seal, micro-polished chrome-plated piston rod and all-weather SV3 fluid.
- Coil Spring gets heat managed & film-coated to guarantee survival and protection from rusting.
- Spring seats covered to springs to guarantee quiet and pleasant ride quality.
- Neoprene boots and crash stop when appropriate.
Product Information –
- Brand – DRIVE TECH AMERICA
- Item Weight – 84 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 25 x 19 x 19 inches
- Manufacturer Part Number – 70112A
- Drive Tech America designs and delivers only the top of line products.
- Ride height gets sorted.
- The product comes with a year-long guarantee.
- Rear shocks are not as durable as the front.
- Struts get squeaky in time
- Installation might require expert handling
5. Unity Automotive
- A comprehensive strut assembly is performed installation-ready and guaranteed to fit the designated transport
- The strut arrives with Factory Torqued Top Mount, Premium Bearing, Chrome Plated Strut Piston and OEM Specification Coil Spring
- Integrity graded with NOK Seals, OEM Spec Spring Seal, Phosphorus Coating and Robotic TIG Welds
- Designed to provide hassle-free repair with no need for specialty tools.
- They get manufactured to restore the factory drive elevation.
- Brand – UNITY AUTOMOTIVE
- Item Weight – 24.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 94 x 19 x 15 inches
- Item model number – 4-11801-15801-001
- Manufacturer Part Number – 4-11801-15801-001
- Easy installation
- Ride height is in tune with road safety measures.
- Longevity might be an issue
- Not cost-effective
- Only works on Honda Civic 2002-2007
- Exactness intended for a direct fit and refurbish factory ride elevation.
- Nitrogen Gas-charged, Twin-tube pattern
- Accuracy robotic welding for consistent, accurate quality and assurance.
- Condition Check system certified by ISO9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2011
- SENSEN limited lifetime warranty.
- Brand – Sensen Shocks & Struts
- Item Weight – 22 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 24 x 4.5 x 4 inches
- Exterior – Powder Coated
- Manufacturer Part Number – 1160
- Ride height gets appropriately adjusted.
- Simple to install.
- SENSEN gives us a warranty with complete assurance of functionality.
- Fits only Honda Civic cars (1991-1997)
- Old worn-out shocks of SENSEN are tedious to uninstall.
- Rear shocks always end up taking more damage.
- Front and back Complete Strut Assembly Compatible with Honda Civic 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Excludes Coupe/Hybrid/SI Models
- Design with added artificial Bumper blocks element against damage when the suspension grounds and the permanent Strut Dust Boot preserves the strut rod and seals from grime and rubble.
- Spring seats protected to springs ensure quiet and comfortable ride quality—all components manufactured in high-quality care.
- Laden’s complete associations are safe and easy to install.
- Local US friendly after-service team to resolve your issues in time, parts have worry-free 18 months warranty.
- Brand – OREDY
- Manufacturer Part Number- GRQW-0163955884
- More comfortability, handling is smoothened.
- Dilute the swing, more durable when igniting and hard braking.
- Ride height is appropriate
- Easy to install shocks for Honda Civic
- Creaks and squeaks cannot always get eliminated
- Ride height might depend upon the car version
- Works only for Honda Civic model (1999-2008)
- Not cost-effective
7 Best Shocks For Honda Civic
Below is the comprehensive list of best Honda Civic shocks available today.
- DRIVE TECH AMERICA
- Unity Automotive
The best replacement shocks and struts for your Honda Civic (versions differ) would be either Koni or Oredy. These two brands are leading the race when it comes to Honda automotive parts. However, SENSEN is also another brand you can invest in without worrying. The main concern when it comes to shocks and struts for Honda civic remains in the rear axle box where the ride height has to be appropriately adjusted. Thus, it is advisable to take the vehicle to experts, although it is simple enough to install on your own.