If you are in search of the Best shocks for Chevy S10, you are here at the right place. In this post, we have provided a complete buying guide, most Frequently Asked Questions, and Top 7 shock reviews.
Chevy s10 shocks have a direct impact on the car’s handling, comfort, and safety. Being able to reliably transfer power and torque to bad roads at any time is the task of a good shock absorber.
Best Shocks for Chevy s10 Reviews
We have reviewed the best shocks for Chevy s10 so that you can make a purchase decision.
1. Maxfavor Front Rear Shocks for Chevy Blazer S10
Maxfavor shocks & struts exceed OEM standards, guaranteeing high performance of shock absorption and a long lifespan.
OE#: 32186 32186 32300 32300
- FITMENT: 1995-2005 Chevrolet Blazer RWD; 1994-2003 Chevrolet S10 RWD; 1994-1994 Chevrolet S10 Blazer RWD; 1994-2004 GMC Jimmy RWD; 1994-2003 GMC Sonoma RWD; 1996-2000 Isuzu Hombre RWD
- PERFORMANCE: TS16949 Certified, exceeding OE quality standards. Maxfavor Shocks & Structs stabilize and preserve your drive, offering premium handling and control performance. High quality Japanese made oil seals, reducing friction between rod and seal; Pressurized N2 gas to reduce foaming, aerating and make sure it’ll have a better performance
- CAUTIONS & WARRANTY: Pls carefully check the YEAR & MAKE & MODEL & ENGINE with the fitment on Amazon. 1-Year Unlimited Miles Warranty is provided, so buy it with confidence. If it does not fit, we accept the return. Pls keep the package clean and items in good condition
- Brand MAXFAVOR
- Product Dimensions 39.9 x 7.9 x 15.7 inches
- Exterior Powder Coated
- Manufacturer Part Number MF-B4SH127J
- Soft and smooth ride.
- Robust quality.
- Easy installation.
- Improves handling.
- May have to adjust the headlights.
- The fronts were a little complicated to install.
2. Detroit Axle – 4PC Front and Rear Shock Absorber for RWD – 1994-2003 Chevy S10 Blazer 2WD
Detroit Axle suspension components are manufactured to exceed original equipment standards and provide a better riding vehicle.
We are a leading supplier of ride control products to OE vehicle manufacturers Nationwide, that expertise translates to Detroit Axle’s OE-quality Aftermarket.
- For – 1994-2003 Chevrolet S10 (RWD/2WD ONLY! Exc. ZR2 or ZQ8) – [1994-2005 Chevrolet Blazer (RWD/2WD ONLY! Exc. ZR2 or ZQ8)] – 1994-2001 GMC Jimmy (RWD/2WD ONLY!) – [1994-2003 GMC Sonoma (RWD/2WD ONLY!)] – 1998-2000 Isuzu Hombre (RWD/2WD ONLY!)
- Kit Includes: (2) Front Shock Absorber Assembly and (2) Rear Shock Absorber Assembly
- The piston seal adjusts as it wears to maintain a tight seal between the piston and pressure tube. This minimizes leak paths for a longer, more consistent, product life
- 10-Year Warranty
- Detroit Axle Suspension parts are ready to meet the rigorous demands of today’s foreign and domestic passenger cars, trucks and SUVs
- Brand DETROIT AXLE
- Product Dimensions 20 x 4 x 6 inches
- Manufacturer Part Number 10148-4A
- Fluid withstands internal temperatures.
- It decreases the harsh impacts of rough driving.
- The bushing and nuts need self-installation.
- Comparatively stiffer.
3. Bilstein 24-018197 Rear Shock for GM
The all-new Bilstein 4600 series are those shock absorbers that are specially designed for the stock height trucks and vehicles. It will make these vehicles achieve great performance improvement. With this, it always gives a comfortable riding experience no matter how the road condition is, there will be the minimum impact of force if at all riding over potholes or uneven surfaces.
4600 Bilstein series shocks are the best to go with for your truck, SUV and Jeep. It is a reliable product by Bilstein where you can know the technology and quality are genuine with a straightforward approach. It has four shock absorbers. For the front and rear both sides. Also, it gets very well fitted in Jeep Wrangler and some of its models as they are of stock height.
The gas with mono-tube pressure technology offers reasonable control and stiffness. It is also useful in the precise handling of the vehicle. Even the valving system has been operating very well since it has been wide enough to function correctly.
- Designed with Monotube Gas Pressure Technology.
- Digressive Working Piston Assembly.
- Blue Shocks boot included.
- Direct Bolt-on and easy to install.
- Brand Bilstein
- Item Weight 30 pounds
- Product Dimensions 10 x 10 x 30 inches
- Better performance and driving experience.
- Easy installation process.
- It is directly on-bolted.
- It is stiffer in comparison.
- Fitting issues of the bushing.
4. Monroe 58523 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber
Monroe load adjusting shock absorbers adjust rapidly to changing road and weight conditions, delivering enhanced control with uncompromised ride comfort. They offer superior comfort for normal driving and deliver extra control when operating conditions get more demanding.
These units also include a heavy gauge calibrated spring for extra control and comfort. A new pair of Monroe load adjusting shock absorbers can assist in maintaining ride height when up to 1,100 lbs. of additional weight is loaded. These units are ideal for light trucks that carry varying loads or tow trailers.
- All-Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Full Displaced Valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride
- Fluon Banded Piston: The fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability
- Brand Monroe
- Item Weight 8.82 pounds
- Product Dimensions 29.5 x 7.1 x 3.8 inches
- Simple installation process.
- Kit fits perfectly.
- Great performance on off-road.
- Increased ground clearance.
- Sometimes it jerks due to terrible role centre design.
- Control arm drop brackets are not included.
5. ACDelco 519-21 Specialty Rear Spring Assisted Shock Absorber
ACDelco provides superior comfort, control, and durability through our Professional, Advantage, and Specialty Suspension lines. We offer a wide variety of parts, such as suspension components, steering dampers, and lift supports.
Preserving your vehicle’s safety and driving comfort means also maintaining your vehicle’s suspension. ACDelco Suspension Components, like shocks and struts, provide an outstanding ride, comfort, and handling for your passenger car, light truck, or SUV.
Keep your steering smooth and vibration-free with ACDelco Steering Dampers and use ACDelco Lift Supports to retain your vehicle’s accessibility and convenience. To maintain vehicle safety and comfort, as well as convenience and performance, look no further than ACDelco Suspension Components.
- Constant rate front coil springs can help improve stability and maintain ride height
- Variable-rate rear coil springs provide 500 lbs (per pair) of load capacity. [Not to exceed vehicle GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). The product does not increase payload.]
- Seamless Drawn-Over-Mandrel (DOM) tubing decreases internal component wear, resulting in longer service life
- Super finished, chromed, piston rod provides anti-corrosion properties, a more consistent wear surface, proper seal lubrication, and longer product life
- Real-wotesttestingd to ensure that the shocks will fit intended vehicles and applications
- Brand ACDelco
- Item Weight 0.16 ounces
- Product Dimensions 27.7 x 7.5 x 3.7 inches
- Besides the electronic connectors, easy to install
- Comfortable ride
- Reduce shock
- Shock’s electronic connector had issues during installation.
6. Gabriel 34051 Front Spring Assist Load Carrier Shocks
The Front Spring Assist (Load Carrier) by Gabriel combines shock and spring technology to reduce the loss of ride height in ongoing loaded conditions. The constant-rate front coil springs can help improve stability and restore or maintain ride height, while the variable-rate rear coil springs provide 500 lbs. per pair of load capacity [Not to exceed vehicle GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating).
The product does not increase payload]. And like all Gabriel shocks and struts, Front & Rear Spring Assist feature a super-finished chromed piston rod for superior corrosion resistance and a leak-proof piston seal which extends product life.
- Combines shock and spring technology
- Constant-rate front coil springs can help improve stability and restore or maintain ride height
- Variable-rate rear coil springs provide 500 lbs. per pair of load capacity [Not to exceed vehicle GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). the product does not increase payload]
- An economical solution for heavier duty use.
- Brand Gabriel
- Model Load Carrier Shock
- Item Weight 5 pounds
- Package Dimensions 22.2 x 5.4 x 3 inches
- easy to install
- smooth ride
- some of them leaking over time
- doubtful bushings
- paint finish.
7. SENSEN 5051 Full Set of Shocks for 95-05 Chevrolet s10
SENSEN premium bare struts are precision-engineered for the ultimate in safety and performance, SENSEN Shocks & Struts provide improved comfort and control, long life and durability, and maximum shock performance for today’s passenger vehicles. SENSEN Shocks & Struts are manufactured and tested to the strictest OE standards for unparalleled performance. Built for trouble-free ownership and 100% visually inspected and quality tested.
The SENSEN bare strut is a nitrogen gas-charged, twin-tube design that is specifically calibrated to help restore your vehicle’s original ride, handling, and control performance. This listing includes a SENSEN Shocks and Struts bare strut only and does NOT include the top mount, bearing plate, bumper, boot cover, insulators or coil spring. SENSEN shocks & struts are quickly becoming a preferred suspension brand of professional automotive technicians nationwide.
- Precision designed for a direct fit and restore factory ride height.
- All components are manufactured to meet or exceed OE specifications for fit and function.
- Quality Control system certified by ISO9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002
- SENSEN limited lifetime warranty, Purchase with confidence.
- Brand Sensen Shocks & Struts
- Item Weight 42.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions 23.8 x 4 x 3 inches
- No special tools are required for the removal and installation of stock keys
- Offers great lift
- Easy to install yourself without the intervention of a car mechanic
- Quite affordable with free shipping.
- Restricted lift height
- You have to remove the original blocks from the rear end.
7 Shocks For Chevy S10
Below is the comprehensive list of the best Chevy S10 shocks and struts available today.
- Maxfavor Front Rear Shocks for Chevy Blazer S10
- Detroit Axle – 4PC Front and Rear Shock Absorber for RWD – 1994-2003 Chevy S10 Blazer 2WD
- Bilstein 24-018197 Rear Shock for GM
- Monroe 58523 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber
- ACDelco 519-21 Specialty Rear Spring Assisted Shock Absorber
- Gabriel 34051 Front Spring Assist Load Carrier Shocks
- SENSEN 5051 Full Set of Shocks for 95-05 Chevrolet s10
Frequently Asked Questions-
So, here are some of the frequently asked questions about what shocks give the smoothest ride, which brand is best?-
What Shocks Give The Smoothest Ride?
Bilstein B4 series, KYB Excel-G Series, or Monroe OE Spectrum. These shocks will give the smoothest ride.
Which Brand Of Shocks Is The Best?
- Bilstein 24-186742 Rear Shock Absorber
- 3 Monroe 58620 Load Adjust Shock Absorber.
- Monroe Load Adjusting Shock Absorber.
- ACDelco GM Front Shock Absorber.
How Much Are Shocks For A Chevy S10?
The cost for shocks of a Chevy S10 is between $306 and $783.The labour cost incurred is between $92 and $116.
How Do You Pick The Right Size Shocks?
- First of all, you should add 1 inch to the extended length, and remove 1 inch from the collapsed length.
- This will you give you some additional shock travel.
- Then make sure you Prevent damage to the shock, Allow for compression of the bump stop.
What Happens If Shocks Are Too Short?
If the length of the shock absorber is too short reduce the extended travel. “Topping out” is the term used inside the shock absorber collides with the cylinder head.
Which Is Better Gas Or Oil Filled Shocks?
Gas-filled shocks are better than oil filled shocks.
Are Monroe Shocks Good?
Yes, Monroe shocks are high-quality shocks.
How Long Does Monroe Matic Shock Last?
Monroe Magic shocks last for about 5000 miles.
How Do I Know If My Shocks Are Bad On My Truck?
You will get to know when your shocks are bad on a truck –
- Vehicle “tips” to one side in turns.
- The front end dives more than expected during hard braking.
- Rear-end squat during acceleration.
- Unusual tire wear.
- When Tires bouncing in excessive.
Shock absorbers are fundamental parts of the car, and their operation must be understood so that the driver is aware of the maintenance needs of his vehicle. If you are considering replacing them or not, you must take into account both the importance of the shock and its benefits and disadvantages that can bring you not to change them on time.
Remember to buy original shocks of the brand of your car, since they have gone through various quality processes and have been specifically designed to work on your model by the same specialists who created your vehicle, which in addition to prolonging your life protects you by guaranteeing you an excellent performance.