We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
As we all know that shocks are one of the most important parts of the vehicles. These help in making the experience of traveling more smoother over bumpy and rough roads. In this article, we will be covering the best shocks for Nissan Frontier.
Almost every car comes with some good quality shocks pre-fitted by the company but these are not made to handle those aggressive road conditions. So let us dive in!
Shocks For Nissan Frontier 4×4
Almost every Frontier comes with a pair of decent shocks but they are not the best. So here are the Top 7 shocks that you might choose if your Frontier is used pretty aggressively for off-roading purposes.
1. Bilstein 4600
- 46mm Smooth Body (Non-Coilover)
- Monotube, Lower Mount Type: Eye 14.1mm
- Boot Included
- Best to serve the daily purpose like normal commuting/highways and streets.
- Reasonable in the price range.
- It provides a smoother experience compared to others in the same bracket.
- Some alignment related issues might occur.
- Not for aggressive terrains.
- Not made for heavy-duty work
2. Bilstein 5100
- Offers monotube design
- Fade free performance
- Tuned for each specific application
- Zinc plating.
- It offers you moderate off-road at a moderate speed over some moderate terrains.
- Great control over those bumpy and uneven surfaces.
- Smoother compression over those old-school factory shock.
- Exceptionally long life.
- Not made for aggressive terrains.
- Cannot hold Heavy-duty work
3. KYB or Monroe
- Monotube gas charged design.
- Even pressure over the entire region of the circumference.
- It offers a medium quality at mid-range.
- It offers longer miles for a long time.
- Only handle till mild surface.
- Might tear in rough terrain.
If you ask specific models in them, then we recommend KYB Monomax or Monroe Reflex
4. The Rancho RS9000XL Adjustable Shock
- Offering a twin-tube design.
- Nitrogen gas charged.
- Offers some 9 different settings
- Better balance on the roads
- Heavy Duty work can be easily carried out.
- Best for moderate terrains.
- Cannot handle difficult terrains.
Towing some heavyweights to carry out heavy-duty jobs while on road? Then RS9000XL is the right choice.
5. Bilstein 6112
- It offers 5 different adjustable settings.
- It offers comparatively more height settings.
- Thicker in diameter.
- Absorbers can be combined with customized cold wound coil springs.
- Giving more depth in control and predictability over rough roads.
- Smooth experience over long highway rides.
- Provide a perfect clearance level for the ground.
- Focused only on Off-road rigs.
- Comparatively expensive than others.
Earlier Bilstein was only great but now it offers an excellent off-roading experience.
6. FOX Racing Shocks
- Build from high-grade aircraft quality 6061 aluminum type of material.
- It offers excellent heat dissipation so that the parts do not easily get torn apart and maintains better functionality over a long period.
- Are rebuildable and are made from nitrogen gas rechargeable
- It comes with an exponentially great life.
- One of the best heavy duty shocks for Nissan Frontier if you are planning for some off-road trails.
- Most expensive
Born from True off-roading experience as well as great manufacturing and shock technology.
7. King Off-road Shocks
- Rebuildable and nitrogen gas rechargeable.
- Preventing aeration.
- It comes with various range of options such as Full coil-over setups, with and without reservoir options and last but not the least with or without compression/dampening adjustments. As it is clear by the name, that it is the king of the Nissan Frontier off-road shocks.
- If you have these Nissan Frontier shocks then you don’t need to fuss about the street comfort.
- Assuring you a firmer ride.
- Made with one of the best materials available in the market.
- Its primary focus is only on off-road rigs.
- Quite expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the lifetime these shocks offer?
A: Depends on the material they are made from
Q: What is the material they are made from?
A: These are made from some high-grade aluminum or zinc material.
Q: Are these easy to install?
A: Yes, these are easy to install.
Q: Do this shock comes with boots?
A: It varies from model to model.
Q: Are these available in different color options?
A: Yes, these are available in different color options
7 Best Shocks For Nissan Frontier
Below is the comprehensive list of best Nissan Frontier shocks that you can buy today.
- Bilstein 4600
- Bilstein 5100
- KYB or Monroe
- The Rancho RS9000XL Adjustable Shock
- Bilstein 6112
- FOX Racing Shocks
- King Off-road Shocks
So these are the top Nissan Frontier shocks offering the best performance in their respective price range and categories. From monotube to twin tube to nitrogen gas rechargeable every variety has its benefits in their price brackets.
Out of every shock discovered here, each has its pros and cons but still, Fox Racing shocks stand out most of the aspects and hence are one of the best shocks.